rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypnosis & NLP Guide

Hypnosis & NLP Guide

I don't have the time to read all comments right now (I'll do it tomorrow), but I want to ask a quick question. I've been having hypnotic sessions with a professional hypnotherapist for several months now (to cure myself from OCD and social anxiety mostly).

Now, I don't complain that I still have both problems, still both require fundamentally changing my life to get rid of completely, and that takes time.

However, I've started to seriously doubt if hypnosis is real at all, at the very least in the case of this particular hypnotherapist (who, btw, is supposedly the best in my country). Reasons: none of the 'tests' she does on me, like my arm getting heavier, forgetting numbers, etc. ever work. We've done memory regression several times, and having asked family members to see if they were accurate, it appears that there were numerous differences between what I saw in hypnosis and what actually happened.

In general, I don't tend to feel anything 'special' when I am in hypnosis. I don't feel like I am in some deep, altered state of consciousness or whatever. The feeling is no different from when I normally close my eyes and listen to someone talk. Is this how it should be?

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread