rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Keto diet experiences?

Keto diet experiences?

Alright. Thanks to Newark this thread appeared in my recent threads again so here goes nothing. For reference to this update, look at my first datasheet-type post here.

I will reiterate the cliffnotes:

-I was a morbidly obese kid. 37% bodyfat, 319lbs at 16 years old.
-Started working out and keto in September of 2015
-At the time of my previous post I was at 272lbs as of September 2016

Lets get on with the show, shall we?

November 2017 Update:

Since my last post, I became complacent at my weight, I didn't hit the gym as much and I was going off my diet longer and more frequently then I should have been. So I was sitting at about 255lbs from April to mid July. I reevaluated where I was in July and didn't like it. Contentment and complacency are the devil. Never be comfortable and you will always foster progress.

I went back at it hard in July, though I eliminated cardio for the most part and focused on heavy compound lifts. I'm on track to a 225lbs bench for right around Christmas, and slow but steady progression on my other lifts. All the while losing around 2lbs a week.

I am currently sitting at 243lbs and about 20%-22% body fat. That's 76lbs lost in about two years time. I am looking to drop down to about 220lbs-225lbs and then start a bulk from there(this should be around February). From there I will cycle carbs back in and eat about maintenance, slowly building up to a 500cal surplus.

Observations: Before with my self confidence being so low, I never had friends, that changed afterward. When I am out with my friends there will be some men who will try and size me up. They try to hold eye contact and win a starring contest. I'll admit the first time this happened it shook me a little and I didn't know what to do so I looked away. But now? I utilize a skill that I honed working at daycare's which I call the "Death Stare(it actually works wonders with kids funny enough)." I just imagine the words "You don't wanna fuck with me" in my head and kind of try and translate that message through my eyes. It seems to have the intended purpose because most if not all look away.

Since my last post I have also started college, I have noticed that my self confidence has sky rocketed, I am still working on game but it seems as though I have got a good foundation so far. When I first got on the forum, my personality and perspective game style best lined up with our own LINUX, so I PM'd him and he gave me some great advice which I am following to this day. I owe him nothing but thanks. I've noticed that more women look. More women make eye contact, and everybody in the room seems to notice when I walk in.

Almost forgot to mention supplements. I currently take a Bodytech Multivitamin, Optizinc, and sporadic high doses of Vitamin C for immune health.

As for protein shakes and the like, I will use this shake recipe for my go-to:

6oz-ish of water
8-10 icecubes
1 scoop whey or casein
1tbsp peanut butter
1tsp Xantham gum*
Optional: 1-2tbsp of MCT or Coconut oil.

*This stuff is a fucking life saver. It thickens the drink so it has the consistency of a milkshake and takes up more space in your stomach. If you feel too bloated you just drink some hot water and it clears right up! Life saver!

And we come to the obligatory thanks that is needed to RVF for all of the help and support. It stands true today so I am just gonna copy paste(with minor changes) my original thanks:

Sidenote: I would like to thank Roosh and RVF as a whole for the knowledge you have provided me. I know it seems like a small gesture to you, however you all have no idea how much you have changed my path in life. It is incomprehensible, I have gone from a 16 year old fat fuck who was a die hard romantic with the number one goal of marriage, to an 18 year old man who is dead set on running my own company, becoming location independent, gaming chicks, and living my life however the fuck I see fit. I have been here for over a year and a half, and it has been the most important time of my life and I am so glad to share it with you guys. My sincerest thank you's to everyone who has provided help, guidance, or general fuckery with me. I hope that I can instill some of the aforementioned help, guidance, or fuckery with others as well.

Here's to smoking cigars, drinking whiskey, fucking broads, and living life. See you all in Valhalla... Or Hell, either way; first round is on me.

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it." -Monsieur Gustave H, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ketosis Datasheet
Diet Update #1

Messages In This Thread