rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is "alpha"?

What is "alpha"?

I'm looking for someone who can define what it means to be 'alpha'.

It seems to me that people make up their own definition as they go along, or they just choose from a selection of possible behaviors and the one deemed most dickish is the 'alpha' behavior.

The reason this term troubles me is for two reasons, mainly. One, its definition is tenuous at best. Two, the PUA community seems to be much more hung up on being 'alpha' than on doing what works to pick up and bang women.

I like Roosh's blog because he doesn't spend all his time talking about alpha/beta shit and focuses on what's important - what works on the girls.

But Roissy/Heartiste bugs me because he not only focuses almost exclusively on being 'alpha' rather than simply what works, but he also has shown he has no clue how to define the word. He has contradicted himself and his logic is circular. In addition, I have questioned his assertions several times and in each and every case, he deleted my posts (or more accurately didn't even allow them to show in the first place). That's not very alpha if you ask me.

He HAS stated that (paraphrasing) "a guy who gets lots of pussy is by definition, alpha". And yet, there are lots of guys in the world many of you would consider very beta who get lots of pussy. His reasoning is circular. He'll look at a guy and call him alpha the whole way through, but if that guy doesn't land the chick, oh, he's beta! Or vice versa. If a guy appears to be beta and does land the hot girl, oh, then he must have some very alpha qualities that I can't see! It's all bullshit. Why do you say he's beta? Because he didn't get the girl. Why didn't he get the girl? Because he's beta! WTF? This is ridiculous.

So I'm asking here. What is alpha? Be precise. Be complete.

Messages In This Thread