rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Book Idea

Book Idea

Quote: (11-27-2011 05:50 PM)Docter Wrote:  

Quote: (11-27-2011 02:38 PM)SFTD Wrote:  

Quote: (11-27-2011 11:47 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

My advice is not to ask people whether you should write a book or not. There should be a burning desire inside you to share this information, because that's the only way you'll be committed to go through with it until the end. The possible success of the book should not matter unless you're solely doing it for the money.

This. I've been trying to get a semi-biographical game/alpha book off the ground for over 6 months now. Its all about writing until its right.

Disagree. It'll never be "right." Art isn't meant to be perfect.

I recommend forcing yourself to put it out. You don't want to be stuck in 'tweak mode' where you sit around changing minute things without a real reason to.

It's better to release an essentially finished product and listen to the customers. Not individuals, but trends. If there are many costumers saying the same thing -- consider taking action. If theres one disgruntled customer but the general consumer-base is happy with the product, then you can politely handle that one customer and continue serving your happy ones.

It's called validated learning.

It isn't tweeking. Its style. Since I started it I've had changes in my life that have affected how I write. I finally have the style down now, so the book is progressing nicely and I'll be able to integrate the other drafts into it.

Sympathy for the Devil

Messages In This Thread