rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intelligence: How important?

Intelligence: How important?

Quote:Quote:

Smart girls aren't more argumentative than normal ones. All women shit-test, but intelligent women don't shit-test men they feel are more intelligent than them. Instead they vent on orbiter males that they know to be their intellectual inferiors, leaving the good times for the smart dude they actually respect.

Let me first say that I like your post. But I'm going to rebut a couple of things. However, as we all know, my opinion isn't more valid than yours. I'm just offering a different perspective.

I agree that smart girls aren't more argumentative. Imo, the most argumentative tend to be the women that are slightly above average to average.

Also, I've had my intelligence actually limit my appeal. I've measured out at 150 & 155 on two Wechslers, and have found that to women of above average intelligence, I'm strange and dazzling, but to women of average intelligence, I'm just strange. Consequently I've had to find ways to immediately weed out girls who I know would be alienated by what I am and what I do with myself.

This used to be more true for me before I learned how to speak in a way that entertained them. In college, I had this experience. Now, when I hook up with average women, I get strange reactions if they stick around. It varies from feeling dominated and liking it, to feeling dominated and lashing out. Now, I try my best to not do anything that makes me seem too 'knowledgeable'. I don't give advice or help them with their problems. I just smile nod, and say "that's okay baby. Things will get better." At first, women like the novelty of having someone who knows more than they do, but they actually resent it after a while if it isn't kept in check. You will eventually find yourself treating her like a kid, and women don't like that, even if they put up with it for a while. I have a very smart friend who is currently dealing with the fallout from his impulse to do that with his wife - over the course of almost a decade. Eventually, women will get you back for it - either through fucking around behind your back or something else. Don't try to "win" with a woman, even if its by virtue of your superior logic, because in the end she will.

IQ doesn't matter a lick in the real world btw, it's just a something nerds invented for use in internet pissing contests.

umm...it depends by what you mean by "doesn't matter". It definitely helps an individual solve problems and gain perspective. However, that perspective may actually work to increase unhappiness.

As i said before, it doesn't take an inordinate amount of brainpower to figure the world out. So, in that respect, it doesn't matter to a degree. But I definitely think that a 105 guys has a better chance in the world than does a 95 guy. That's primarily because these numbers straddle the average. The 95 guy may be perceived as slightly less intelligent than average by most people, and treated accordingly, and the 105 guy may be perceived as slightly more intelligent, by most people, and treated accordingly. Also, the 95 guy will find it more difficult to interact with a society that is, by and large, smarter than he is. This will shape both of their worldviews and the opportunities that they are presented with. However, there is probably much less of a pragmatic performance difference between a 115 and a 125 guy. They both have more than enough horsepower to do almost anything that they desire, and so the difference will likely come down to outside factors or their specific levels of motivation.

Outside factors include: who you know, your family, your emotional temperament, your social and emotional intelligence, and your looks that come into play. As well as dumb luck. I believe that's what you may have been referring to. Obviously, it matters a little, otherwise people who are legally retarded would do as well as people with average and above average intelligence do, as groups.

I believe you were joking with the last line, and maybe referring to this thread. Your dead on with the pissing contest thing, and as far as that goes IQ is meaningless. Intelligence is too dynamic to be boiled down to a number. But that's what guys do. They have pissing contests. Its sometimes nice to be distracted from the larger "pickup" pissing contest here. That can get monotonous. The invented for the internet line was funny, though.

Btw, 155 is high. Now, a predictable question: What do you do for a living?

Messages In This Thread