rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How important is social status to you?

How important is social status to you?

Hey guys, first real post.

It's become clear to me since I started reading about game that having a 'high status' job isn't necessary, or could even be detrimental to your dating life. (presumably most high status jobs require lots of time invested)

I've been in Korea teaching English for the last couple years. I dig the job, low hours, low stress, and its usually pretty engaging. Of the 2k I make every month, I can save at least half that, all while still going out all the time and buying pretty much anything I want. Also, Asian girls, who I've always had a thing for.

My plan on coming over originally was always to stay for a few years, pay off my student loans, then either go back to school or look for a government job in Canada. Lately though, I've been thinking more and more about just getting some more qualifications and continuing on doing ESL.

I'm not really sure what I'd be going back to Canada for, you know? I've always kind of known I didn't want to have kids, so I don't have that white picket fence dream to motivate me. ESL is considered a low class job by lots of people, but money-wise I'm doing just fine, and once I've payed off my student loans I can think about working in places like Latin America, where the money is much more subsistence level. I've still got the travel itch, and it seems like going this route would let me scratch it nicely.

Anyways, I'm kinda wondering how you guys feel about status. Do you want to be an executive some day, or work some kind of high status position that nets you respect from society? Would you look down on a 50 year old guy working a job that is typically dominated by fresh out of university kids? How much does status matter in your future plans?

Messages In This Thread