rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Musician gigs at bars/restaurants?

Musician gigs at bars/restaurants?

I've had experience working as a waiter and bus-boy in busy restaurants, which was pretty good for meeting girls or groups of girls coming in, but now I don't have time for a part-time job. I was thinking of getting some friends together to play live entertainment (think jazz band) at restaurants or lounges, but I don't know what the pay, tips, and hours are like for these types of acts.

I imagine it could be a nice gig for some young guys because:

-you get some drinks or food on the house
-the bar patrons/audience might buy you some drinks
-bar patrons might give you some cash tips
-you get to meet a lot of female staff and customers when you go to different restaurants.
-you get $ for your performance

I was just wondering if there's anyone here who's worked that kind of odd job and can tell me if my expectations are realistic. Also, how long are the hours? Do you usually stay until closing? How much time in-between songs to you get to talk to the chicks there? Does the fact that you're playing get you extra attention from customers/ waitresses/ bartenders? Should you get business cards to hand out to female customers so they can contact you on the sly under the guise of "playing at their next party" without seeming like a groupie?

Messages In This Thread