rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning two new languages at the same time

Learning two new languages at the same time

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:40 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I am wondering if it is possible to learn two new languages at the same time or should I focus on one, get it locked and move on to the next.
I am trying to complete my French because I hate not finishing what I have started but my true love is with Spanish and I like the vibes and the culture of Spanish speaking people.

I have heard differing opinions on the dual language acquisition process. Is this possible to do both at the same time or will it just prove to be confusing?

My method of acquisition is attending socials with people that speak the target languages in mind as well as listening to podcasts of the language mainly by Michel Thomas.

I sometimes read comics in French like Soda and Asterix. I haven't found any in Spanish that I like.
It is also easier for me to get it in with French since Canada is bi with that and English.

What doest thou thinkest?

Focus on one and try an immersion program. Once you learn one really well, then learning a similar 2nd one will be easier than both at once.

Messages In This Thread