rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuzco/Cusco datasheet

Cuzco/Cusco datasheet

As requested. Been here for 2 months. Heres what I know.

The City

I was here in September/Oct/Nov 2011. The weather is a bit weird..hot in the daytime then freezing cold at night. Late October it starts to rain for about 2 hours a day. Lots of tourists around but only in the centre (area around Plaza de Armas). Once you venture 15 mins or so outside the centre theres hardly any Gringos. For transport use taxis, all safe, I never had any problems. Pretty much anywhere within 10 mins of the centre for 3 sol ($1USD). Lots of people here speak at least some english, being a reasonbly touristy city due to MachuPichu.

The Girls

Not very attractive to be honest. Very short, around 5" to 5,5" on average(which is good for me coz im short). I would say mostly 5s but 6s and 7s are around. Saw maybe one 9 my whole time here.

To Stay

I stayed at Pariwana hostel for 2 weeks. Awesome hostel with amazing beds and showers. However I believe there is a no guest policy. BUT there are heaps of cheap local hostels or "hospedajes" around where you can take girls, according to my Peruvian friends. I however never did this as I found an apartment after 2 weeks. If you want an apartment, you can buy "Rueda de Negocios" newspaper which comes out every 3 days and has probably 50 adverts for apartments for rent. Get a local to help secure a good rate. Around 800 - 1000 soles ($250 - $300 USD) for a month for a nice apartment not too far from the centre.

Going out

Lots of girls around termed "bricheras" whos main goal is to pretty much hook up with a Gringo. They are infamous amongst locals. The guy version is "brichero" and they are basically hippies who obviously have some game because you will see alot of them around with hot european blondes from Switzerland and Sweden and the like.

Most clubs centred around the Plaza de Armas which is the central Plaza. Some of the spots I frequented were:

Mythology: Club with a lot of Gringos but you will find quite a few local girls here looking to hook up. Kind of small club that gets packed around midnight on weekends.

Inka Team: I found this to have the best ratio of girls to guys, and lots of local girls who were DTF. I used to get eyefucked like crazy in here. Some good looking girls too. Prob my fave place. Gringo friendly. Crazy crowded on Fri and Sat. Thurs is a good night.

The LEK: Not many gringos at all..lots of local girls most who are open to meeting gringos. Mix of salsa and american music. Not very busy, but can get reasonably full on weekends.

The Groove: A club that plays a mix of techno and hip hop music. Quite a big club but usually full of foreigners. Similar crowd to Mythology. Sometimes there are local girls around looking to meet foreigners.

Mama Africa: Gringofest, no free drinks (most of the other clubs give free rum and cokes to foreigners), although local girls who come are extra slutty so I hear. Only went here twice and didnt stay long.

The Frogs: A laid back bar, not a disco, where they play live music and have bean bags and couches where you just chill out and drink. A good place to kick off the night. Dont recall seeing many locals here.

Mistika: A Peruvian discotech about a 5 min taxi from the Plaza de Armas. Its HUGE. And when I went there I was the only foreigner amongst around 200 people (or more, cant remember). Its like a little bar and then go through a door and its like a massive warehouse just filled with locals. Salsa and Latin music. 5 sol cover charge ($1.50). Packed on Fri and Sat, you will need to line up. Some cute girls here but not sure how receptive they are to gringos (i went with my girl so wasnt really approaching). I have a feeling if girls are looking to meet westerners they will go to the discos in the plaza rather than here, but its a pretty cool place so check it out.

Bajo Zero: Next to Mistika, a small downstairs bar which usually has maybe 20-30 people. Was getting lots of looks here and girls were approachable. Only went here once for an hour at the end of a night but worth checking out.

My experience

I hooked up with a girl in my 2nd week who I actually quite liked and have been seeing for my 2 months here. Thus I havent really been hunting when I went out as to me thats just bad karma. BUT on nights I was really wasted I couldnt help myself. In total I made out with 4 girls and other than the girl I was seeing I banged one other girl.

In my experience girls will just stare at you in clubs, so it makes it easy to approach. Girls like to be talked to. My girl would rarely come out with me so I would be with the guys and usually play wingman. Usually all I had to do was go up to a girl my friend liked and just say something lame like "see my friend over there, hes really shy and doesnt speak spanish but he told me thinks your the prettiest girl here." (I speak decent Spanish). Then he just had to come introduce himself and he was hooked up for the night. Some girls he just made out with, others he took home. But it certainly wasnt hard. However dont expect girls to just come up and talk to you like some people say.

The random girl I hooked up with I met at Mythology, I just sat next to her and talked to her for a bit, we danced for a bit, then I took her to Mistika, we danced more and a I kissed her, then asked if she wanted to walk back to my place for a drink (it was close by), we had a drink at mine, then got to the business, she slept over. Banged her again in the morning, and also found out she was a virgin (yikes). I put her in a taxi and said Id call her. All this went down while I was completely shitfaced. Actually felt really bad when I saw my girl the next day, so kinda stopped talking to girls from then on (kinda), or stopped banging them at least.

Tip: I found talking to girls OUTSIDE the club works so much better. Just hang outside for a bit and approach girls before they walk into the club (probably harder if you dont speak any Spanish). Then ask them to come to one of the many clubs with you. That way you dont look like a silly gringo staring around the room looking for girls and trying to dance up on girls like so many in Cusco. The girl I met in my 2nd week I met while walking to a club with one of the promoters. I walked past her and just said "hola chica que tal" (hey girl whats up). I asked if I could practice my Spanish with her and we talked while walking and then when I got to the club I asked if she wanted to come in with me. From there it was all downhill. (Only kissed her on the first night though, I think date 3 I managed to seal the deal).

Any other questions on Cusco just shoot.

Messages In This Thread