rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting an Entry Level Sales Rep Job

Getting an Entry Level Sales Rep Job

Quote: (01-30-2012 09:23 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2012 09:18 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

Good choice on deciding to go into sales. I've been in sales for 2 years now and it has changed my life. I've upgraded EVERYTHING because of it.

It is not easy by any means, but the fact that we can earn the same income as lawyers and doctors, makes it amazing, without the 3 - 8 extra years of schooling and residency [Image: smile.gif].

Hunt down the good sales industries, like you said software jobs, medical device sales, pm me for more on my industry, anything where there is potential to earn well into the 6 figures. Don't waste you're time with the BS ones.

Best of luck and the only thing you really need to remember once you get the job...is something I was told by my football coach when I was 14 and thinking about giving up.

"Don't quit, because if you do you'll regret it for the rest of your life." (motto plays out tenfold)

Hi!

Could you share all the industries where you believe that one can make six figures or 7 figures by selling?

I worked in software sales for 10 years, working at a few different companies in healthcare and telcom. While you can have some great years, there are also stretches when you barely get by. It can be cut-throat, there are companies that fire the bottom 10% of the sales force every year, no matter if you have 1 or 20 years seniority.

If you do go for a job in sales and things don't work out, don't feel any shame in moving on to another outfit. Most will try to get you to "drink the kool-aid", but when things get tough they will easily do lay-offs, to "trim the fat." It happened to me four times.

Messages In This Thread