rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can't get out of my own head

Can't get out of my own head

Quote: (11-05-2011 11:23 AM)Klasmatic Wrote:  

Problem is, I can't seem to get out of my own head when I am out and trying to have a good time. I put too much pressure on myself and sometimes I just psyche myself out. I am a good looking guy and when I am not in my own head, very sociable and funny. I have problems escalating at times and approaching is difficult for me. I know my weaknesses and what needs to be done, but I can't figure out how to quit overthinking shit and just execute.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm definitely a noob and want to master this but I really need tips on how to just get out of my own head and stop being my own cockblock.
i noticed that when i'm inside my head i need to do either
+ something social like saying hi to people walking by or throwing out some comment and moving on or have a short

i even experimented with this. i went out and sat on a barstool with my back on the whole room and did everything i could to become stiff and inside my head checking my phone all the time staring at my glass etc. i did that for ah hour and then tried to catch up with the energy of the party. it's very fucking weird thing. i felt blocked to do even simple stuff like waving my hand in the air because the difference between me and people having fun was so drastic that social pressure of the party was eating me alive.

i know 2 ways to overcome that:

+ mental.. talking yourself into doing something, imagining something, even watching dudes getting blown out helps cause it's funny. and it's funny only because i don't even think about doing an approach in that mood. i only want to try and move my body somehow so my criterion for success is to stand up and get comfortable just moving : )) so when something makes me laugh this is good start to become relaxed. shit, even saying hi to someone in that mood would flop : ))

+ physical.. doing something silly like spinning around or jumping or anything physical to shake myself out of this stiffness right away (motion creates emotion). you feel horrible. you feel stupid. you are like some looser trying to be cool. but that instant action communicates to my mind that "this is happening so you better get with the program bitch..". it takes a few seconds to accept this new situation but it's the fastest way anyway.

Messages In This Thread