rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

YMG's Guide to Career-Hacking on Linkedin

YMG's Guide to Career-Hacking on Linkedin

Quote: (03-19-2013 06:23 PM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Tagged.. upon returning to the US last summer I used the upgraded version of LinkedIn for 3 months straight, sent as many inmails as I could, and read a book about how to capitalize on its services. To be honest, 90% of the advice was the same as what you delivered, yet rarely did people reply and it was even rarer for them to be interested. I kept my inmails short, direct and professional. Nothing worked. Partially, I believe it's because I was coming from a place of low-value. However, it is also likely that most employed professionals managers don't seem to be active on LinkedIn. I'm talking visiting once a month - this, IMO, is the biggest reason the site isn't terribly effective.

It's always nice when recruiters add you. What do you do in that situation - send them a message, as if a position is open for you?

[note: I am a fairly recent grad, holding 2 part-time, relevant jobs]

You should be able to message anyone. If not the HR rep or Hiring Manager, email someone at the company that is more on your peer level. Make a friend and be sincere. Most major companies have a solid referral program. If this person refers you and you get the job they could get $2,000 up referral bonus. You have nothing to lose.

Messages In This Thread