rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What sports give you the best physique?

What sports give you the best physique?

Quote: (11-05-2011 10:28 PM)bface Wrote:  

Wing Chun as a fighting/self defense art is crap, sorry gonzoman
Great advertising though.

Agreed 100%

Any Wing Chun guys in the UFC?? Nope.

My cousin has trained in it for 25 years,has studied it under the best teachers in HK and Europe and he does not rate it half as much as BJJ or Muay Thai. For a start the WC punch is far inferior to a boxing punch since you can't generate power in the blow and hence they chain punch. It's bollocks. What WC does well is develop sensitivity in the forearms through Chi Sau but that means zilch when an 18 stone bouncer smashes you in the teeth with his forehead. If you want to fight you must train good stand up and good ground skills: Muay Thai + BJJ rapes Wing Chun. Also,ever seen a Wing Chun master??? They are just little Chinese men with pot bellies or dweebs like Samuel Kwok,the whole style is built on a mutual silence of it's members not testing their skills with each other for real because they know the style is shite.

If you want to study Chinese arts for self defence then try this out: join a class and when the teacher wants to demonstrate a move he will say 'throw a punch at me'. Smash him in the teeth immediately. See what happens. I joined a Wing Chun class and saw the students doing these slow motion punches at their teacher when asked. I waited my turn and the teacher said 'punch me' so I smacked him in the mouth and cut his lips up to fuck. He staggered back in shock and the class looked on in horror at me that I'd dared do that but fuck it,if someone wants me to hit them and sets themselves up as a 'master' charging money I'm going to test their shit. I left the class immediately afterwards and joined a boxing gym instead. Charlatans.

Messages In This Thread