rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I don't know how to make friends...

I don't know how to make friends...

Other guys have said this but the key here is that you have to get involved with stuff that's gonna get you interacting with people.

It doesn't sound like you have a job - idk if you're parents are supporting you or what but you need to get a job and support yourself.

Also when I lived in NYC I volunteered a lot with NY Cares. Go to their website nycares. com and fill out the shit and start volunteering. couple things about this - first you will encounter people who are really suffering and you will stop feeling sorry for yourself. You'll feel good about helping people.

Second, you will meet some really awesome, positive friendly people. And it was very common for ppl at volunteering projects to get a beer or food together afterwards. I made some friends this way and slept with a few women too. I dated a girl I met a reading thing I did with kids in the Marcy projects and she was really awesome and I still miss her.

You may want to get over this "I dont drink thing." don't be an alkie, but people socialize at bars, ESPECIALLY in NYC. Have a couple beers dude.

Also, join a coed sports league. They have so many in NYC. You don't have to be good at sports - that's not why ppl join anyways. Kickball, softball, soccer bowling etc. Again, people do this to meet people and have fun.

How do you think all these happy groups you see around town met each other???

Don't stop going to the gym especially with the cold weather. SAD is caused by a deficiency in vitamin D and exercise. I used to get it BAD. BAD SAD lmao ok sorry - but I take vitamin D and work out and I'm in Michigan right now. No problem so far - I'm in a great mood everyday.

Also read a book about how to be good with people. You're at square one so start with the basic bibles - How to win friends and influence ppl is great. I wrote a co-wrote a book with my old boss called the Attraction Code (I'm not promoting here I don't make money on it and I'm not with that company anymore). Honestly one of the best books on how to be happier with yourself and be good with women and people in general. Bold statement but that's coming from tons of people who emailed me after reading it.

So:

Get a job with other people
Volunteer - no more whining. help others and meet good ppl
Join a coed sports league - bowling or pool or something since it's winter
Vitamin D - high dosage like 5000 or 10000 ius per pill
Exercise
How to win friends or the attraction code - or something! (don't get stuck reading books though - pick one and go)

Messages In This Thread