rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best hangover cures

Best hangover cures

Funny, I was just reading this article this morning:

"Hangover Thoughts: Fergus Henderson, Shaun Hill, Chris Hirst"

http://abergavennyfoodfestival.wordpress...-thoughts/

Fergus Henderson (one of my heroes) recommends:

If you follow simple rituals, things should not go too awry: a nip of Fernet Branca in the morning to fire the engines up (the head barman at the Savoy swore his longevity was a result of this morning nip). The symbiotic moment at 11 O’clock: Seed Cake & Madeira. The thrill of the aperitif before lunch: Campari and white wine. Red Burgundy for lunch. A little marc to aid digestion. A Dr Henderson to revive the spirits and re-focus you for supper. A glass of champagne – thank you – red Burgundy with dinner and finally a wee dram to help you sleep. This does not seem too wild a day’s consumption!

The hangover seems to appear when you temper with the rituals, too much too fast… I cannot say I’ve not been there.

Recipe for Dr Henderson from Fergus Henderson’s book Nose to Tail Eating –Bloomsbury 1999

Here is a cure for any overindulgence, taught to me by my wise father

2 parts Fernet Branca
1 part Crème de Menthe
Ice

Mix together and drink. Do not be put off by the colour.

Be careful, this is so effective you can find yourself turning to its miraculous powers with increasing regularity. Do not let the cure become the cause.

Messages In This Thread