rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For Americans: Would you ever give up your US citizenship?

For Americans: Would you ever give up your US citizenship?

Puss,
No, I don't have a pre-nup. I didn't have money when we got married. So I'm potentially exposed there, but I'm not worried. I'll go to Panama, then set up trust/foundation/corporation stuff (I'll leave that up to experts, I'm clueless on that stuff... just pay them and let them do their thing) in Cook Islands, then initiate a divorce before building a house in Panama. So no assets would be touchable and I'll hook her up fine (car/townhouse/monthly payments).

And Panama is just my first choice. I'm not wedded to it. Plenty of other countries are options if Panama wants to cause hassles or if I can't find a community I like. I like Panama because of the no property tax for 20 years on a newly built house, because it's Americanized a bit, good location with beaches/mountains, and because it has a culture of baseball (training my kids in baseball is big to me).

G,
Yep, Dominica citizenship first. Rent a condo in Panama for 6 months or so to look for a location to build a house and help build up a community. While renting in Panama I renounce US citizenship and after renouncing citizeship, initiate a divorce.

No taxes to Dominica. Panama... you only pay taxes on income generated within Panama. My income is online and based outside of Panama, so no income tax in Panama. But I will probably end up having local food production businesses and with those, yes, I'd pay taxes. I don't care about that... just don't want my online income touched.

Returning to Dominica... I don't know and that's something I've wondered too. But I'm sure it's really lenient. It is a lush and pretty island from what I've seen on internet, but seems like it has a bit of crime. Plus it's in the hurricane belt. The only thing it has going on for it is the economic citizenship program.

I won't live in Panama City. I'm not a city person. I'll need to scout out where I want to set up shop. Ideally I'd like a mountain and a beach home near each other.

So I'll look into Volcan/David/Pedegral area of western Panama by Costa Rican border (southern Costa Rica is becoming a hot spot) or the Coronado/Sora/Anton Valley area 90 minutes outside Panama City.

Messages In This Thread