rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alpha of the year

Alpha of the year

Quote: (10-18-2011 02:47 PM)G.L.Piggy Wrote:  

Am I intellectually honest? Is that how this is going to go Mike?

Perhaps I am just very literal. The ex-Marine shouts about police brutality. Well, that's a nice catch-all term that can be bandied about and used to strike fear and hatred in the hearts of everyone listening. A lot of the guys in the Manosphere decry hyperbolic claims from feminists and anti-Game women. How about women who cry "Rape!" or who talk about the prevalence of date rape, roofies, and creepy men? By your logic, they all have legitimate claims and any inspection of those claims is not warranted. So which way would you have it?

To the Marine, I say that he is overstating the case. What is too much police brutality? It's something I like to think I'd recognize when I see it. But I haven't seen it. I've seen a couple of incidents of heavy-handed police activity. But to me, that sort of goes with the territory of massive protest.

So I'll turn the question on you, assuming that you think that people like feminists and such grandstand about the levels of patriarchial and masculine "brutality", do they have a point?

See, here's my perspective.

Guys want to argue this stuff. Yet it becomes a slippery game.

Your claim is that there is a lot of grandstanding at OWS.

You base this - in part - at least, on the "lack" of video evidence.

I think that claim is false. I know lawyers representing the arrestees, and no one is making this cool or fun to go to jail.

So my take: Why discuss this issue if you'll just move the goal posts.

If I send five videos of police abuse, will you retract your claim?

If not, then we're not having an honest conversation. We'll just play bullshit games.

Which is cool for some, but playing those games isn't really what I go for.

So my question remains: How many videos of police abuse need I produce for you to withdraw your claim?

Messages In This Thread