rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Capture Social and Economic Background

SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Capture Social and Economic Background

I think affirmative action that benefits the poor and is race-blind would not be a bad thing. Reality is we have an established class system here in the US. I was born to upper middle class parents in a decent area. The advantages this gives me in life are massive. Yeah I worked hard, but I got the opportunity to work hard at things that would secure a decent income and lifestyle for me. This is impossible for Daquan in the hood who is just trying to stay alive, or even for the Steve the lower middle-class white guy who is buried under 200k of student loan debt.

We urgently need a fix for shit like this. White and black Americans are getting poorer and more debt ridden, the longer this lasts the more potential we have for serious unrest down the road. College needs to be reformed from the ground up and poor Americans need to be given at least some help to even the playing field. These kids are born into situations they have no control over and shouldn't get fucked over because of that.

Messages In This Thread