rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Guide to Dealing with Divorce

A Guide to Dealing with Divorce

Quote: (05-20-2019 05:45 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I can confirm that ?Kick’s ex-wife is pretty damn sexy, we’ve been friends for years and I attended the wedding. I was pretty shocked when I heard the news because I thought everything was good but I’m glad to hear that she isn’t being a total cunt about it, she’s a pretty nice girl. So ?Kick, when is the divorce next party? You know I’m down bro!

haha after my self imposed exile/rebirth we need to hit the pavement! Cant wait to get mangled again with old uncle Scotian!

Quote: (05-20-2019 10:30 PM)Matt Warner Wrote:  

Honest and heartfelt post Kick.

I guess we all have different ideas. My general advice to other guys is think very hard before you admit to a mountain of infidelity stuff. If you must maybe just a little if one thinks there is a chance of getting back by coming clean, but for many guys it could prove extremely unpleasant and expensive if she takes the warpath route and kicks you out anyway.

I do think many people who haven't gone through a divorce, even an amiable one, don't realize how tough it can be. I kind of think another path is to not bother too much about finding other women in the short term, get out and do stuff and if it happens fine if not don't stress. I'm a lot older than you and it worked quite well in that regard for me. I got into my hobbies and spent more time with friends. I even joined meetup on a recommendation from a friend and would recommend it. Just another way of getting out and about.
I know others that had messy divorces, two in particular where the Mrs turned feral what a nightmare for the guys. That's why I caution re admitting too much stuff.

I agree, every circumstance + people involved handle things differently. A few days ago, I thought it was a good idea to have shared everything with my ex and she seemed pretty cool about the path moving forward. After I told her I was spending time with a 20 year old, she lost her shit and is now out for blood. What a disaster.

I've treated this thing the same way someone would treat a "oneitis". As best as I can. It is damn hard to juggle all the emotions of failure, guilt, wanting to make things right and to reconcile.

Also, I don't think jumping into relationships is the right thing to do after a breakup or divorce. There needs to be a period of healing/self-reflection. I've been taking the time to figure out what the hell went wrong and how I can avoid this sort of thing in the future. She was a great girl and I fucked it up. If another comes around, I dont want the same thing to happen again.

Messages In This Thread