rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

6 days weight lifting program
days weight lifting program
Why do you want to change it? Have you plateaued already?

Resist the urge to complicate things if you're still progressing - better to just stick with one program until you're bored to tears with it or aren't seeing any further improvements.

I don't think a split is necessary for a beginner who's been working out for two months, and who is more concerned with T and belly fat than getting big. And I don't think you need to up it to 6 days a week at this stage either. In fact, if you try for 6 days a week before you're ready, you may increase your cortisol and impede your testosterone levels further - get your rest!

If you really want more intensity, add one more day and go on an "every other day" plan, and consider switching to 5x5 with the same workouts now that you've built some basic strength. Maybe try to work your way up to muscle ups on the pullup bar if you really want to challenge yourself. They're very hard (disclaimer: I can't do them yet), but my research shows they're actually better for increasing testosterone than squats if you do get there.

Throw in a serious wind sprint day once or twice a week - great for testosterone production and cutting the fat down. I like doing wind sprints on grass, but if that's not going to work for you, you can do interval training on whatever machine or with jumping jacks (highly underrated way to exercise, esp done in hard intervals).

Here's a beginner sprint workout for you:

Start with a light jog, a stretch, and three slow and easy "bounds" for 50 meters each to loosen up your legs.

This is bounding here (you should prolly skip the gay hot pink shorts):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0q9rgh6wM

Then follow this warmup with the main course: five 100 meter wind sprints. Start each sprint by bounding or running medium speed the first 25 meters, then explode into a full-out sprint for the last 75 meters.

Rest between each sprint to catch your breath and let your energy return.

You don't necessarily need to do anything else on those days when you're new to sprints. Just sprint and go home (this could even just be Day 4 of your 4-day split).

If you've grown to like that little high you get from working out, you're in for a treat - there's nothing like the hormonal surge you get and that feeling of sheer elation after a session of all-out sprinting...

In the modern age, very few people tax their system like this at all anymore, even if they do work out.

Your body will thank you for it!

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread