rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternative to marriages. Are they worth it?

Alternative to marriages. Are they worth it?

Quote: (05-04-2019 12:07 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

My ex and I discussed the engagement ring; I told her upfront that I'm not paying for a controlled-market deBeers blood diamond, and she was fine with that. I was planning to get her one with a ruby on it, because the red would set off her skin.

Even then, the rings are vastly over priced. I completely fail to understand why I can buy a sterling silver ring for $20, but an identical ring made of gold costs thousands - there isn't that much gold in it. Never ran into a jewellery store employee who could explain it to me; they're just there to sell junk to suckers. Pretty sure the same thing would happen to me if I ever walked into a car dealership looking for a new car, and asked them to explain why an SUV was called an Armada - is it a flotilla of ships?

Consumerism, man. If I meet another girl, I'll likely look in to independent jewellers to see if they can make something for a reasonable price.

It's cause jewellers here charge whatever they can get away with, and people are brainwashed with the "2 months salary" marketing BS and basic bitch buying into it being the social norm.

I know a guy who went with his future wife to Tiffany's, they "selected" a ring they liked for the style, and then had an jeweller in India make a copy of it for 40% of the cost and a large carat diamond to boot.

It's another industry based on bullshit.

That said, if you don't get the wool pulled over your eyes, it can be used as a litmus test to see if a girl is an attention-whore gold digger or actually worth marrying.

Messages In This Thread