rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Australia's highest paid rugby player refuses to retract "homophobic" statement

Australia's highest paid rugby player refuses to retract "homophobic" statement

Quote: (04-16-2019 12:00 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

I've seen a few Kiwi/Australian apologists for Rugby Australia on facebook and their best argument is that he voluntarily signed a contract to not say things the employer doesn't like on social media. Is there possibly an argument that he shouldn't have signed the contract with such an unreasonable demand in the first place?

Contracts or "code of conducts" cannot override fundamental rights. He has a clear cut case of discrimination against his religious belief here. He'll win big if he takes them to court, and it appears that he is going to.

One of the most disappointing things I've seen regarding this case (but doesn't really surprise me) is that our current PM, Scott Morrison, who is branded "far right Christian" by so many lefties, immediately folded and disavowed Israel Folau. That coward put his hand on the Bible and swore an oath for taking the office of PM, yet he dared to condemn Folau for quoting from the very same Bible? If the Bible has so much "hate speech", why are our politicians and our court swear on it all the time? I hope Folau's lawyers bring it up and destroy these fuckers. And I hope he throws some racism charge their way too for good measure.

Messages In This Thread