rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An older man contemplates the road ahead

An older man contemplates the road ahead

Quote: (04-22-2019 11:06 AM)Duke Main Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2019 06:32 AM)asdfk Wrote:  

As a pilot, do you think aerotoxic syndrome is a real thing?

How did you like the food in Medellin? Did you feel well nourished after a month of just that food?
I'm not sure about Aerotoxic Syndrome. That's a much more serious situation than the low level contamination I'm describing, which I experience on every flight. It would be a good topic for the aircraft accident thread, even though I'm not sure it's ever been linked to an actual crash.

I didn't spend a whole month in Medellin. I was in the city for about a week and in Guatape for 2 more. There was a high quality restaurant where I ate frequently near my building in the big city, but I didn't get an overall good impression of the food available in normal restaurants. The grocery stores had attractive produce displays, but it's hard to tell if it's organic or non GMO just by looking. What was your impression?

In Guatape I found a little family restaurant where I ate virtually every day, and yes I felt well nourished.

Whether or not I have my own farm eventually, I'd like to be near an organic farm to be able to source the best food possible.

Can you compare your impressions of the food in different locations? How was the food in Peru for you?

Where are you now? Should we start a "Healthy food locations" thread?

Take care Amigo.

I hear great things about the food in Peru. I keep a Peruana around and the cooking is a big plus.

The feedlot method has started hitting Argentina's beef industry as fallout from their 2006 beef export restrictions when they chose to go from exporting beef to Europe to selling the Chinese soy. Uruguay still does mandatory grass fed drug free with their beef to maintain its premium export status. Big Ag in Brazil are pioneers in the factory and chemical warfare farming industry.

Here in Uruguay the downside is that this is an expensive country. Yes I can get a kilo of entrecot for 345 pesos (~10 dollars) and rents aren't too bad. The price of everything else adds up though.

Quote: (04-22-2019 11:21 AM)Duke Main Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2019 08:29 AM)ChefAllDay Wrote:  

If you were to end up in a LTR relationship from a woman from SA, would splitting time between your home country and hers do much to stop the situation of her becoming like the women you were avoiding in your home country? Say you had a rural acreage already established. How feasible would it be to 6 months in that situation and then travel back to SA for the winter months? I don't know if you could manage 2 rural properties like that. But it should be easy to maintain the one in your home country.
Rather than having 2 rural places I'd have one rural (probably S America) and a condo, perhaps in SE Asia.

I'm not looking to own property in the US at the present time because of high property prices and property taxes and cost of labor.

One thing to mind with rural properties in general is, things tend to wander off if left unattended for too long. In rural South America, as an outsider this can be a problem. A cattle rustling case made the national paper here in Uruguay a few months back (3.5 million people, 12 million cows). It is something to consider if rural to you means a working farm instead of just a house outside the city.

Messages In This Thread