rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An older man contemplates the road ahead

An older man contemplates the road ahead

Quote: (04-19-2019 06:50 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2019 09:07 AM)TopPanda Wrote:  

10 years younger than you but kind of heading in the same direction.

I quit my cubicle job in the UK a couple of years ago (wise move) and I'm now teaching in China. I love teaching but not sure I love living in one of the most annoying places on earth.

Quitting the rat race is a great idea. My old boss (IT manager) retired and just sailed his boat. The next time I saw him he looked 10 years younger. Work is the worst thing you can do to your health.

Oh and don't go down the buying Asian land or starting businesses - the whole continent is just so epically corrupt.

I lived in Thailand but the dating wasn't great in terms of quality. China has the better women but it's a very variable country in terms of dating. Thailand did have great food and all the usual Western comforts were easy to find.

I thought about living in Thailand but I'd also check out Malaysia (Penang?) and maybe even Panama.

Malaysia has the friendliest program for retirees and expats, the Malaysia My Second Home program. You can buy a house, but it's got to be above a certain high price. I don't know about farmland.

Penang is a nice town, maybe a bit sleepy for young guys out to game, but attractive architecture.

The advantages of the place are good infrastructure, English speaking population. Malaysian Chinese women are the smartest and most fun women in the region and keep themselves well.
Changing planes in China a few times has cured me of any lingering desire to spend time in the country. I now pay several hundred more dollars per trip to avoid the place. I have a few Thai/Chinese friends who are wonderful people.

So Malaysia. Why don't more RVFers go there? I need to check it out.

Messages In This Thread