rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An older man contemplates the road ahead

An older man contemplates the road ahead

10 years younger than you but kind of heading in the same direction.

I quit my cubicle job in the UK a couple of years ago (wise move) and I'm now teaching in China. I love teaching but not sure I love living in one of the most annoying places on earth.

Quitting the rat race is a great idea. My old boss (IT manager) retired and just sailed his boat. The next time I saw him he looked 10 years younger. Work is the worst thing you can do to your health.

Oh and don't go down the buying Asian land or starting businesses - the whole continent is just so epically corrupt.

I lived in Thailand but the dating wasn't great in terms of quality. China has the better women but it's a very variable country in terms of dating. Thailand did have great food and all the usual Western comforts were easy to find.

I thought about living in Thailand but I'd also check out Malaysia (Penang?) and maybe even Panama.

Messages In This Thread