rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Belgrade or Kiev?

Moving to Belgrade or Kiev?

Made this post on a separate thread, which pretty much sums up my current situation. I'm now down to deciding between Belgrade and Kiev. This will be a min of 6 months, i will find work, and try to build a solid base, rather than be super gamey and hitting bars. I'm 42 and frankly dont drink much or enjoy clubs and night life much these days, few drinks in a cool bar, here and there apart.

Any comparisons between the two ? I'm assuming that finance wise they're around the same cost of living?

I have not visited either city, though have lived in similar countries before. My daily lifestyle is generally around going to gym, working on pc, and enjoying hobbies in nature. One thing that attracts me to Ukraine is the great boxing gyms and culture out there. I;ve been training boxing for last 5 years or so and having a good gym is great for social side as well as obvious heath benefits.

One question - What are the smoking regs in these countries? One thing i've found grim in various parts of EE is people smoking in bars and clubs. I realise its not the end of the world, but i dont smoke, and coming home stinking of smoke and having to wash clothes on account of it, always seemed a drag. I only speak English and some spanish, no Russian.

Here's my earlier post, which details my situation

Long story short, wasted pretty much my entire 30s sleeping around, and chasing the player lifestyle. First half of my thirties (up to around 2013) was successful, had a lot of girls, but being a feckless idiot let many of them drift in chasing the player lifestyle. Second half of my thirties drifted into bad choices, at varying points depression, and ultimately failure and at points isolation. Now in recent couple of years got myself back on track, and at (a young) 42, feel i'm on my last go round to find a traditional and good woman to start a family and settle down with.

I'm in good physical condition from training boxing (my main hobby), looks wise am decent looking (i guess around a 7 fwiw), and am somewhat financially independent (i own outright a property in my home country, which is rented out and nets me around 1000USD pcm, also do a few bits and pieces online and teach english to supplement this). I am European, and do not want to go outside of European / Euro descended women. I am politically nationalistic, and value traditionalism. I am Christian. I have lived and worked in EE, and consider this the best region for me, and the kind of women i would like to attract.

In my experience as someone who moved East nearly a decade ago, is that the SMV of a westerner has fallen exponentially year on year in this region. Speaking with friends of mine (mostly Ukranian) they agree, that in Ukraine, a woman to be with a westerner is a low-status thing now, whereas a few years ago it was the opposite. They may string along foreigners in exchange for dates, attention, presents etc, but if they're any attractive or high value, they'll have a local boyfriend in the background. Now of course, you wouldnt want to attract those kind of girls as a future partner, but the point remains, that the legions of thirsty men who've travelled east having been sold a 'pussy paradise' by the last decades PUA industry, have pissed in the well out there.

I am in the process of looking at regions to live in, and give this 6 months. I dont believe you can attract any mate of value if you're passing through. You need to have some form of stability or work IMHO.

Currently I am thinking of:

Kiev - pros - standard of women, cheap cost of living. Negs - a prime example of a place jaded by Western thirsty males. Not a place i'd want to build a long term life.

South Balkans, specifically Macedonia / Serbia / Montenegro - I've never been, but being Slavic i am assuming the woman are attractive. Cheap living, beautiful country nature wise. Traditional cultures.

Spain - I speak Spanish, love the culture, and it is a great country and society to build a future. However it is not especially traditional these days, the Spanish in my exp are superficially friendly, but often not much beyond that. Being so sociable, all women of value have hosts of orbiters, or friends matchmaking for them.

I'm kicking around ideas at the moment, apologies if this post is unfocused. Given my criteria and situation, i'd be interested in any thoughts on it all...

Messages In This Thread