rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Catalyst in Budapest

Catalyst in Budapest

Quote: (04-04-2019 02:11 AM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Listen to Tinder Scientist, OP. Your current situation is more dire than you realize. You sound young and inexperienced. $600 in savings is barely enough to move apartments in your own city, let alone up and move to a whole other country where you don't speak the language or know any locals.

Good luck to ya, though. You're goin to need it...

He's 23. Not that that's any excuse; I've met people at that age who've done some fucking incredible things. But I'd grilled him in his other thread as to whether he'd had significant life experience, be it a uni degree, a job held for any length of time, etc etc. Fulfilling social circles, etc. He seems to have dodged the question. I mean staying afloat in a country where English is thin on the ground — to say nothing of holding a job in a foreign country where you have a dubious history of getting out in the big wide world — kinda requires the social nous for networking and palm-greasing, so....

I do have ideas in mind that he could get on to, but by this stage, he'll have to PM me with his hat in hand, practically ready to thank me on bended knee.

Quote: (04-04-2019 08:06 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Your embassy won't pay for flights for you home. The NZ foreign affairs government website itself states it pretty clearly:

Quote:Quote:

What NZ Embassies can't help with

Consular and embassy staff can't:

pay bills for hotels, travel, legal or medical expenses or the costs of returning a body to NZ

Will your family definitely pay for a last minute flight back to NZ for you? You'll be looking at NZD$1500 for that if you book it two weeks in advance, more if its even shorter notice.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be negative here but you really need to get some better plans in place or you're going to end up in real trouble here. Your posts don't give the impression that you've done much research, or given much forethought, to this.

Confirming this from first hand experience years ago, at least for the Australian side of things. My trip to the embassy was mainly regarding a damaged passport, and thankfully, I was much closer to home, but the most they could provide in that regard was a complimentary phone call home to speak to family. In your situation, and even further from NZ, I can't blame the embassy staff if they were to laugh at you.

Quote: (04-03-2019 11:11 PM)Tinder Scientist Wrote:  

I would forget about London entirely since that would be financial suicide with your funds (And not sure how UK/NZ visa works but I assume they will ask for proof that you can sustain yourself). They might even deny you entry at the airport and force you to book a ticket back.

NZ$600 is not even enough to scratch your arse with in Amsterdam, let alone London. And yes, getting a working holiday visa (let alone a Blue Card — which I'll assume the OP won't qualify for as he hasn't answered whether he's got a degree) in most Schengen countries/the UK will require you to have enough funds in the bank for a return flight — something to the tune of €2.000. I know: I've looked at both and was in the process for one myself last year (successfully).

In addition to that, airport/border immigration officers will invariably ask to see proof of a return flight, health insurance, and/or sufficient funds in the bank.
Don't think that the ones in the UK will quarter as a Kiwi passport holder. Being a Commonwealth citizen means jack shit as far as (im)migration rights in the UK are concerned. Once again, I'm speaking from experience, not pulling ideas out of my arse, which is something that you should've tried not doing before your hasty fleeing of your hated NZ*.

[Image: facepalm.png]

Personally, if it was up to me, I'd require that applicants for an EU work visa have not just the required funds for a return flight, but additionally sufficient savings to live off for 3 months, to prepare for shit-gets-real scenarios if it takes longer than expected to find work.

Quote: (04-03-2019 10:38 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

People seem relatively happy, fulfilled, and well-adjusted with no obesity or other SJW or other degeneracy. Very comforting/relaxing. In NZ there are a lot of people who seem almost psychotic(significant minority- but also everyone else who treats it as normal), which to me was horrifying and depressing.
[...]
Overestimated how white it would be. From my POV Budapest seems like a multicultural city. I thought Hungary was white nationalist. If so, white nationalism seems dead in the water/a pipe dream. So many non whites(I notice other Asians- less than NZ but still a significant amount to me) and they don't seem super integrated culturally. Might just be a foreign part of town though with the hostels and all. As a non-white this might be better for me but I do think in the abstract there are a lot of benefits to WN so it's sort of sad as well.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5656682]

If this was your prime concern despite how far up shit creek without a paddle you are, you seriously need to get your gonads adjusted. Which begs the question of why did you choose Hungary to begin with. Because it belay some fantasies of yours of being a bastion of white nationalism? Because you were hoping to work your way to becoming Viktor Orbán's right hand man? Were you hoping to re-enact a latter-day version of the Beer Hall Putsch in a bid to save European White Christian Civilisation™? [Image: tard.gif]

Dude, you weren't even able to plan this step rationally; what makes you think you could rise to the task of playing Captain Save-a-Ho for "White Christian Civilisation™"? [Image: rolleyes.gif][Image: lol.gif] Unless this is a massive troll job, or you were trying to prove hard that right-wingers were that maladjusted, this entire odyssey of yours is the act of an extremely immature and inexperienced internet radical.
Your recent posting history gives the lie to your complete unpreparedness for your impulse flight of yours. The fact that at the eleventh hour, you took the effort to hijack and sidetrack Roosh's thread about his sister to take a completely unrelated swipe against "liberals", shows how messed up your priorities are, not to mention, ironically (so much for evil liberals), an absolute lack of respect on your part.

That the last paragraph of your rambling OP contained that much bother to rag on NZ — for the goddamn umpteenth time in your posting history — is an indicator enough that you need to fucking grow up. [Image: confused.gif]

Realise that any differences in political beliefs is absolutely immaterial to the tone I'm taking with you. In spite of your utter hatred of "liberals", I literally do not take one's political affiliations into account when castigating them over poorly thought-out life decisions that potentially hinged upon their political passions. [Image: boring.gif]

Anyway, I'm not sure about loaning money — the way you're wording it in your OP is unfortunately really not that confidently written — but if you do manage to hitchhike to Berlin, I'll be able to offer you a sofa to crash on for a few days, a beer, some groceries, a change of clothes, and potentially a job offer. I might have to give you a verbal arse kicking to boot, but nothing that you don't deserve. You'd need to get your shit together, and quick smart, wrt preparing your documents for a visa.

Messages In This Thread