rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Faroe Islands Trip Report

Faroe Islands Trip Report

@ Heuristics. Nice info on the gender deficit. Makes sense. Simply put, there wasn't many women there in the 18 to 35 year old range at all. I somewhat eluded to this in the OP. Did read something about Filipina and Thai women being imported but didn't see an abundance of them either. As mentioned I figured it had to do with Faroese women moving abroad due to lack of economic opportunity. Seems to be easier for a man in the Faroes to get a job there as there is a huge fishing industry and this is a common profession.

Did not step into one bar. As I said, scene was dead. And i mean DEAD. Could be the fact it was two days after Christmas but I have nothing else to go on. It was a Friday and Saturday night I was there as well. I saw a few late teens Faroese guys walking the streets looking like they'd been on the piss, but no large groups, rare seeing couples, did not see one pack of girls walking amongst themselves. Odd I must admit. This ties into not gaming anyone as I've never seen such a dry place as far as targets are concerned. I did also stay in a little village way up north, so I didn't stay on or near the capital and the logistics even if there was something to pull would've been shit unless she had a place to go to. Wanted a more isolated/nature relax and recharge and the Faroes is perfect for that.

Didn't come across a ton of tourists, no other Americans. Saw a few up in Tjørnuvík and they were of the Asian variety. Could be time of year. Then again, my human interaction was minimal. Personally, I don't think the place has peaked yet, which is nice. However, I expect the word to get out and this place to really blow up in the next year or two and go to shit as a result. Rumor has it this summer there will be direct service from JFK to Faroes on Atlantic Airways. So my advice would be get there sooner than later. It really is a hidden little gem. Breathtaking scenery. Pictures don't even do it justice.

I only ate out at one restaurant. I got a steak at Toscana, which seems to be the only Italian restaurant on the islands. Decent steak, bread was overly garlicky. I originally wanted to eat at Angus around the corner but I hadn't made a reservation and they were closing soon. Place was empty too and the size of a small pub. Ran me about 35-45 USD for that. Appetizer, steak, and tea after. No drinks. Prices seem to be on par with the rest of Scandinavia. Same thing at the grocery stores. Got some pastries and a few snacks and some waters set me back around 15 to 20 USD. Faroese sweaters are absolutely top notch quality, and will set you back 200 USD minimum for the cheapest one going all the way up to the 500 and 600 range. Wanted one but couldn't justify the price.

Faroese cuisine: hmmm...fish, fish, and more fish. Dried whale meat (more specifically pilot whale) and blubber, puffins, wind-dried mutton is also common. Dried fish you can get everywhere. I don't eat seafood anymore and nothing is the Faroese diet appealed to me at all. If I were to go back I would like to try the mutton though.

https://visitfaroeislands.com

^^^^^^
Seems cliche, but that website really has everything you need to know about the Faroe Islands. Except of course about the women...o wait, there aren't any....

Messages In This Thread