rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

75HARD Challenge
5HARD Challenge
Quote: (03-22-2019 04:10 PM)LawrenceAshford Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2019 09:30 AM)KnjazMihailo Wrote:  

Having said that, I don't know where you are at in life, but your goals seem to be a bit random and casually light. Unless you're doing financially well or have lots of income, I would personally make these goals more ambitious and aggressive, especially in a financial way.

Fuck no I'm not doing financially well. I'm broke.

It's interesting you think my goals are casually light then. Because honestly I think they're already aggressive. If I was to say: code 3 hours a day. That would mean 1000 hours in a year. That's great. But I almost definitely would fail at that. You need to pace yourself. An hour a day is very achievable, and there will be days I exceed that. But more importantly on the 95% of days I normally would do 0 hours, I actually do an hour. I've gotten back home at 5 in the morning, and proceeded to still do my hour of coding, along with any other remaining tasks. I won't go to bed until I'm done.

But what were you thinking?

If you're thinking along the lines of "make a million dollars in 75 days", I deliberately don't put stuff like that in my goals anymore. It doesn't work. Vague goals like that, or really ambitious end points, don't mean anything. You need a metric you can hit everyday.

If you're thinking I should put stock investing everyday as one, I would do that perhaps... if I had any money to invest. The only investment I've recently made was in Snap, for like 3 shares. The stock did double right after I invested, but I only had 3 fucking shares. I made like 15 bucks. Lol.

To take the best example for this: If you look at most billionaires, they rarely viewed money as their goal. The money was a byproduct of them mastering their craft. Zuckerberg of Facebook with coding and Spiegel of Snapchat with design. They had a great concept, pursued it relentlessly, and actually held off on monetization. (I'd include Howard Hughes too since money was secondary for him, but he was born so rich that it doesn't really count. And he surprisingly wasn't that great of a businessman, he just had so much money at his disposal that it didn't matter.)

Okay, if you're working on coding as a means of getting paid money, then that's fine.

I agree that there are other things that matter in life besides money. My point is that you need more income and savings. Money has several forms, it is obviously more valuable in some forms than in others.

Nearly no one makes a permanent income from the stock market and don't think that you're able to because you randomly gambled once and got $15. Unless you are an expert that has a strategy or system that means you will make money at more than > 50% of the instances you invest, stay away from it. You will simply be gambling like literally nearly everyone else out there. If you happen to get a lot of money that you can afford to gamble with, don't let me stop you. Millions of other people do that anyway.

You're much better of sticking to coding and selling your personal coding services or finding a job. Even though the job market is overloaded with programmers, you at least have some guaranteed income.

If you're dreaming about becoming an app developer like the next Zuckerberg, forget it honestly. Everything i've heard about that market basically has no future. You're much better off going into Web Development where you can charge hundreds and even thousands of dollars from individual clients by altering the design of their websites and other web related programming things.

I'm not an expert on programming but just check this guy out (He is) and see what he has to say:

https://www.brettdev.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoZ_b54lGfI

"And guess what, you might have a feeling that youre destined for something else, and that any day now it will dawn on you, but it will remain that, just a feeling that you use as a crutch to never focus on anything", Beirut.

Messages In This Thread