rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta characters of tv/movies

Beta characters of tv/movies

South Park isn't funny. Hasn't been in a very long time. Watching older TV shows (the wonder years) makes it glaringly obvious how the art of subtlety is utterly foreign to modern TV and movies.

The simpsons - clever and hilarious (during it's prime)

south park - why not come into the living room and smack me in the head with a a hammer? It would be about as funny and just as subtle.

Same goes for these super hero shows my brother watches, like Arrow. All the dialogue is so fucking dry, everything is delivered as exposition. I find that to be insulting to the audience's intelligence.

I don't need every little thing explained.

I can detect nuance.

I don't need idealized fantasy characters to represent something to look up to, I find more down to earth characters more appealing and there's none of the above on modern TV shows.

Bring back Al Bundy and Jefferson.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Messages In This Thread