rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is Orthodox Christianity?

What is Orthodox Christianity?

Quote: (03-21-2019 10:48 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

People like these ( everyone who has spent time in Christianity or another religion has seen a ton of them) just prove that gullible people are easily impressed and overwhelmed.

Just as easy as being converted to her current beliefs she could have fallen to some suicide death cult or something like Scientology or Mormonism or Islam or whatever.

These are people, usually from bad parents with no self control mechanisms installed in them in childhood. Alcoholics, drug users, depressed people, gambling addicts, sluts and similar. When they encounter a religion (any religion, the first thing that they hit their head on strong enough or from the right angle) and discover that there is a rule system and/or a community that can guide them out of the mess they are into they stick into it and remain faithful to it because they fear that anything else will lead them to their previous bad self-destructive habits.

It's good for these simple people that they find their way out of their mess. All religions that improve peoples lives like that have right to exist and carry at least a spark of the Truth.

But intellectual people with a gift of philosophical thought shouldn't just take these people as best examples. If God has gifted you with strong mind then you cannot just ignore it. You must find a place where your intellect is reconciled with your heart and everything fits together. This can be a never-ending process . To stop and say that you have find the one Truth and need not think and search any more is a mistake. At the same time you must practice the truths you have already found and that is where faith comes in to actually find strength and fallow the best moral and spiritual things you have understood to be worth practicing and to believe they are not just abstractions but also touch you on a personal level.

I have never had any serious addictions or self-destructive habits, so I cannot relate to these people. I want to improve my personality and life and surroundings even more and I use my mind to find the best way. I am not just sticking to the first way that I stumbled upon, because I do not fear that I will become a self destructive person if I am left on my own.

Messages In This Thread