rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trump Curse Strikes Again: Actress Felicity Huffman Arrested In College Bribery Case

Trump Curse Strikes Again: Actress Felicity Huffman Arrested In College Bribery Case

Quote: (03-14-2019 11:14 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2019 11:12 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

What's so important that these people are doing that they can't spend the time educating their kids?

The prestige in the name ex USC Grad - brings oohs and ahhs

The networking and connections.

Of course the party life, and marrying up for women.

Of course people who are dropping half a mill at any of these colleges could give it to their kids and help them invest.

But at the same time, if they're throwing away that money, it's basically fuck you money to them probably.

Those benefits are substantially less important if you're already famous. Household name actors don't really need much help networking. I see this in my own circle because people who are professional athletes tend to cruise right into "elite" finance/business jobs normally reserved for "preftigious" Ivy League types. Enough people are drawn in by the celebrity factor, their own fanboyism towards their mainstream interest of choice, and being able to say "I work with X" that it overrides most other considerations.

Any marrying up would occur at Stanford/Harvard/Oxford, and even then it's unlikely because those families do practice political/genetic marriages with tail on the side.

Messages In This Thread