rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a good neighborhood to live in Tokyo?

What's a good neighborhood to live in Tokyo?

I am planning to move to Tokyo for a year or two and I am wondering wondering where to live?

A little background about me: I'm a mid 30s Eastern European living near San Jose, California. I work as a software engineer and get around 340k. I have no social life here and hate the suburbs, so I decided to transfer to Tokyo. The move still requires some approvals and I don't know all details, but I assume I'll get it. In Tokyo I'll be earning around 220k (I think my tax rate will be around 40%). I will be working in a central location in Shibuya.

My objectives for the apartment are: reasonable rent, good logistics for dating, and good commute. I did some research using realestate.co.jp/en/ and it seems like there is lots of choice between ¥100,000 and ¥200,000 per month ($900-$1800).

What's the best place to stay? I know that Shibuya and Roppongi are the main party districts, but I'm wondering how important is the apartment location for dating. Should I aim at something 10 minutes walking distance from Shibuya crossing or it doesn't really matter?

If it matters, I'm 1.75m tall (5'9" and half an inch), thin, and balding. My game is poor. I subsist on online dating in US, where I can pull women my age. I started learning Japanese using Pimsleur for speaking and Heisig for Kanji. I'm going to keep learning, but it's a very difficult language and I don't see myself improving to a level that would help me with women.

I've seen other threads about Tokyo, but they focus more on a short-term budget traveler with good game, which is something different than my problem. Last but not least, I don't want to spend all my money, because I'm saving for a trip around the world, surviving the next recession, and retirement [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread