rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Andrew Yang thread

The Andrew Yang thread

Quote: (03-09-2019 03:20 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

Andrew Yang is running for president on the Democrat side.

And the solution is UBI, or Universal Basic Income. Everyone USA citizen would receive 1000 dollars a month. If you are already receving 200 dollars in food stamps then you would receive 800 in UBI. If you are already receiving welfare and food stamps in an amount greater than 1000, then you receive no UBI.

If you are not a citizen or under the age of 18, then you receive no UBI. As far as what I understand, only Iran has a country wide UBI. Some other countries like India, Switzerland, Finland, France, Canada, US in Alaska, and Brazil use it in regions.

Here is the Joe Rogan video with Andrew Yang.

What I bolded is completely incorrect and you should have gotten this right if you're going to start the master thread on this when many people barely know anything about Yang and his platform.

You get 1000/month OR the current welfare. NOT both. No double dipping. It's a small minority who get 1000/month plus in welfare from the federal gov't and they would keep what they got if they so chose.

Yang makes this very clear in the podcast. Since a lot of people receive some sort of welfare that is less than 1000/month and with restrictions, they will very likely take the no strings and efficiently administrated 1000/month, this means a) no money going out from the welfare pool and therefore b) saving money from less administrative costs associated with the respective welfare program. In theory, many current welfare programs would be heavily reduced in cost and ultimately consolidated/eliminated.

I know you meant well but if you are pro-Yang, it's very important to get the details rights given how controversial and unknown his ideas are to the vast majority.

Messages In This Thread