rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cousin enjoys seeing me weak?

Cousin enjoys seeing me weak?

Quote: (02-25-2019 09:29 PM)momentomori Wrote:  

Quote: (02-22-2019 11:06 AM)brianmark Wrote:  

Consider yourself lucky that you only have one toxic person wanting to see you to fail. Jealousy is the number one emotion in America. 95% of the people are not achievers, thus the only way they think they can get ahead is by seeing you fail.

Why do you think many wealthy people want to see poor people kept down. They are unhappy with their own lives and some how believe it is a zero sum game, where if someone succeeds, it will hurt them.

Back to the individual. I've seen this from friends and family and workmates. I've had horrible bosses that would belittle my team or me to the detriment of the project, just because it made them feel powerful.

I had to get rid of friends over the years due to jealousy. I also do not tell my family or friends about the details of my life. My success with women, work, travel, really anything. Most people are jealous of everything.

Even some of my good friends that are worth keeping are jealous. I just down play what I do. I don't tell them about my successes, because I don't want to be questioned or hear some lie about how they did better. I keep a low profile.

I would not waste my time trying to one up this cousin. It's a total waste of time, he'll just come back with a bigger put down or a bigger lie to make himself look better. Ignoring him and not telling him your success is your strength. Just go on with your life and enjoy it and take caustic people out of your life entirely.

Most people's lives suck, but they'll never admit it, so the only satisfaction they can get is putting you down to make themselves feel more successful. Limit contact with this cousin and anybody else like this.

So true. I find it very difficult to find people to share my successes with. Most people will simply feel jealous rather than celebrate another's successes. Its best to be enigmatic and somewhat mysterious with most people, until they've earned your trust I find. In the past I've been pretty naive and way to trustworthy of people who have no business earning it. I've learned to be this way with my parents, coworkers, and now my cousin. I can't entirely make sense of it, but I find that sharing bits of personal information can often be used against me, and I'm struggling with figuring out which parts are safe to share. Part of the learning process I guess.

I would suggest you get the book or audiobook of "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. You will learn a lot about how to deal with people and be successful in life. I never thought I was a powerful person until I read it and realized how many of his laws that I was practicing. People who keep their "cards close to their chest" and aren't bragging about what they are doing are the real successful ones. You don't need his approval or anybody else's approval. Live your life!

Messages In This Thread