rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having a kid/not financially ready

Having a kid/not financially ready

Quote: (02-12-2019 10:28 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

It is too late for her to come to the states and have the kid unless she was blessed with a tourist visa, which not many Peruvians get.

The K1 or CR1 visa will take at least 9-11 months. Then she will have to apply for SSN before she can get medical insurance, you'll also need to make 125% of poverty rate in order to sponsor her.

So count on her having the baby in peru and figuring out in the meantime if you want to have something more with her. If you want to bring her and your kid to the states, you'll need to make at least 21k a year for the K1 visa and you should get the process started soon because if you change your mind you can always back out of it, up until you hand in the I-134 form on the day she goes for the appointment.

Some guys don't mind living in a third world country. If I had a family, I would live in the states, your child will have more opportunity in the states. But that's your choice.

Congrats to both of you on the kid. I hope it changes your life for the best.

Thanks for the good wishes. I need to look more into the k1 visa while saving up USD. I would be okay living in a third world country, as we both live a very simple life, but like you stated, I would prefer to raise my child in the USA... close to family.

Messages In This Thread