rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having a kid/not financially ready

Having a kid/not financially ready

So I was living in South America (Peru) with my girlfriend (who I intend to marry eventually). We are both not financially stable and her birth control failed her. She is scared to leave her country but open to come to the US, although she would prefer not to.

Should I try to convince her to come over to the US and have the child there and try and make it work? I know it's much cheaper in South America but I don't see myself having much opportunity there. She has a great job and I don't want to end up teaching ESL/working in colegios. I don't have any jobs set up in the USA and no real marketable skills.. so to say.. as I have spent most of my 20's abroad.

I'm thinking about doing an alternative teaching certificate/school counselor masters and possibly going back to her country to teach a subject I like or be a school counselor, but I know I need to make moves quickly. I also have a lot of experience in the restaurant industry so I believe I could become a manager.

It seems like a bad idea, but we are going to go through with it. By not financially stable, we don't have any real savings. Any advice?

Messages In This Thread