rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Co-ed Team Sports

Co-ed Team Sports

I've done a ton of these rec sports, both men's only and coed. I don't know where people get the idea that they're essentially a singles mingle with a game on the side for shits and giggles. First of all the ratios would be atrocious in that case, usually it's 2-3 men per woman (I know, no worse than bars or apps, but still). And from my experience, very few people treat them that way. I'd say a majority of people who play these things are married or in a relationship. And I've never been on a team that regularly went out for drinks before or after the game.

Most people are there because they enjoy the sport and want to get their ass out of the house. That's it. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of doing these leagues because I love sports, I have friends that do them, I've made a few new casual friends doing them, and I don't realistically expect anything more.

I've seen the horrifically unathletic dudes who clearly signed up as free agents to "meet people," and they are invariably lame and socially inept. It can be smelled from a mile away. For god's sake don't do these things for any reason other than wanting to get out and play. And more generally, choose your hobbies based on what you enjoy, not based on 'meeting people.'

Messages In This Thread