rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finally, Some Good News by Delicious Tacos

Finally, Some Good News by Delicious Tacos

Quote: (02-09-2019 11:06 AM)delicioustacos Wrote:  

Kindle version is five bucks this weekend: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L21YPXJ

Sorry if I'm violating forum shill policy. Trying to get this shit to "could make a living off it" level. All I need is to get 20x as famous without 20x the Elliot Rodger types trying to dox me.

Bought. And it was three bucks. That's too bad because I would have paid five. I owe you a shot.

I read my first Bukowski novel in the early 90s - Post Office. Thought it was the shit - gave it away to someone else who thought the same. The movie Barfly solidified the image. Last summer I finally got around to reading Women and could I not help but draw parallels between DT and Bukowski, but I think The Pussy by DT is even better than Women.

Women seemed impossibly dated in concept (a poet who gets laid by groupies) as well as language. Bukowski is always referring to the pussy (the body part) as a cunt. Maybe that was edgy back then, but at the risk of sounding prude, nobody does that in the US anymore and across the Anglosphere it's akin to calling someone a douchebag. DT doesn't strictly rely on racy lingo because obscene language isn't unusual in the era of women with sleeve tattoos, face jewelry and triple digit notch counts. Let's not even start about the likelihood of Bukowski getting #metooed if he were still alive today. DT is wise to keep a low profile while practicing his craft.

Bukowski was talented, but it's kind of like comparing a 1969 Mustang GT to the 2019 version. Both may be similar at first glance, but while one is a classic that should not be forgotten, the other is SO much faster and more entertaining.

Looking forward to the good news.

Messages In This Thread