rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is is just me or is job hunting way worse now?

Is is just me or is job hunting way worse now?

Quote: (01-31-2019 09:02 PM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  

I'm on the job hunt as well. Although to be fair, I haven't really put in 100% effort because with my old/current job I can kind of hop in and hop out as I please.

It's definitely a huge pain in the ass. Apparently about 7% of people who just send in a resume get a job...And that's what everyone tells you to do: "send in a resume." I guess it's not as effective as it used to be. Seems like going in person is the thing to do. The only thing is that ideally I want to move to a city in my state where there are women, opportunities, music, stuff to do, etc. But it seems like I'm going to have to move there first and get boots on the ground to effectively find a job that isn't horseshit.

I'll be interested to hear others' thoughts on this

I'd wondered about that, but then do I just march into Intel and say I want a job? I don't even think the person at the desk would know where to send me.

I think the biggest advantage is just knowing somebody who already works there and can vouch for you.

Messages In This Thread