rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you decide the kind of man you wanted to be?

How did you decide the kind of man you wanted to be?

I got most of my values from my father (a true alpha male 1.0, who was born almost a century ago, and died years ago). I usually ask myself what he would do in certain situations - but I don’t necessarily do it, as I tend to be more calculating and machiavelian - and thus less masculine - than he was. His sayings still resonate in my head when I make a decision, even though we could have heated disagreements at the time.

Apart from him, my influences are historical figures and 19th century literary characters (French and Russian mostly). My Jesuit teachers (Catholic education). And a few guys I met in high school and at university, impressive guys with extraordinary drive (most are CEOs now). You can always learn from a man with courage and energy.

By my late teens I had a pretty good idea of the life I wanted, including a large family and several mistresses, and a rich intellectual life.

Messages In This Thread