rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I got Chlamydia and I can't take antibiotics, please help! Don't take medication?

I got Chlamydia and I can't take antibiotics, please help! Don't take medication?

I am consumed by worry about this issue. Please read this.

Tl;Dr I want to warn others to stop taking medicine that is fucking with your body. It's not worth it to tough it out. Be especially careful with Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)

I caught Chlamydia from some girl and while the sickness itself is actually just a little bothersome I have found out the hard way that my body can't handle both of the types of antibiotics used to treat it.

I went to the hospital because I knew I needed to when pale green pus came out of my dick. The doctor gave my girlfriend and I minocycline which is cousins with doxycycline.

The first day I took minocycline I felt dizzy, but okay. My ears were ringing and my head had pressure in it but over all it was do-able. I had strange dreams that night and took the medicine on time the next day.

The second day onward just worse and worse until it was unbearable. The minocycline have me a terrible sense of fear and anxiety, like something was just wrong. I felt mentally retarded because I couldn't concentrate at all and I just felt dumb. It seemed as if I was not sober. I couldn't feel tired or awake. I didn't want to eat any food because I couldn't digest any food or enjoy it. I couldn't enjoy any of the things I like to do. My vision started to blur and I felt so terrible I went to the emergency room but was denied because it wasn't an emergency (I live in China).

I couldn't take the medicine that night and saw the doctor the next day. She told me my body couldn't handle the full amount so I should just take 1 pill at night rather than 2 in the day and 2 in the night. I asked "but won't I still be sick then" she replied, "probably but you're body is clearly too sensitive to this antibiotic" I asked her to give me some new medicine but told me no because my body was unstable at that time.

I made a mistake and interpreted her advice as "don't be a bitch about the side effects, just take it if you can take it"

I took the full average dose of minocycline and I broke out in mild hives, after which point I gave up on that medicine.

Two days later I was prescribed levofloxacin by a different doctor and after just one dose I experienced the worst side effects yet. All my joints ache, it was eating away at my tendons. I had trouble walking and using my hands. I couldn't play the piano anymore or even use a fork or turn a key I also was very dizzy, sick, couldn't sleep, exhausted and my hands would tingle that night like I had been sleeping on them.

It has finally stopped bothering me after days.

but the most terrifying thing is my vision is fading in and out. sometimes very blurry and sometimes clear. This may be a side effect of the minocycline which created such high pressure in my head for such a long time. Now it seems okay, but this morning it wasn't. I fear that I may suffer a permanent loss in my vision.

I talked to another doctor who told me never to take this medication again.

I can't tell if I am cured, I think I'm probably not because my dick feels strange still but I don't have pus coming out, for now.

I am going back to the United States to see my family and get treatment soon and I have to admit I am fucking terrified of trying a new antibiotic. I think it may be better for me to just drink a lot of water and try to let my body clear it over the course of the next year if the alternative is going blind or becoming disabled or worse. What should I do to deal with this issue? Try to treat it or let it go? I am so worried and I need some advice. I am thinking I will leave the game over this.

And

I want to warn you all about Fluoroquinolone antibiotics, the FDA now gives them a black box label because while the side effects I mentioned aren't common, they are life changing and debilitating

Edit: the other medication azithromycin is in a different class of antibiotics but I have been told by the doctor that they don't want to give me that because there are chemical similarities in the make up of that and minocycline. Fuck I am so worried and I don't know what to do.

Messages In This Thread