rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Virgin, 27, is arrested after posting on Facebook his plan to carry out mass shooting

Virgin, 27, is arrested after posting on Facebook his plan to carry out mass shooting

Quote: (01-24-2019 03:19 PM)Wutang Wrote:  

Hookers won't cure the Elliot Rodgers of the world. It is not the mere lack of physical release that's causing these guys to go haywire. If you read through Rodger's manifesto, you'll see actually had a below average sex drive. His complaints weren't about him feeling horny and not being able to quench it. Rather, what you see over and over again is him longing to have a hot, blonde Stacy girlfriend who is going to love and adore him. It's all about the ego boost of knowing that you are capable of attracting a high status woman like that. If a big part of a man's sense of self-worth is based on what sort of woman he attracts, you can only imagine how a man who can't attract any woman, even a land-whale, is going to feel like.

Dan Savage's comment about how legalizing and de-stigmatizing sex work as a cure is just pure hooplah. He speaks in the video about how there's a notion that guys who see prostitutes as losers. Well if you try to encourage all these incels, who are at the bottom of the chain in terms of social value to see hookers, wouldn't that just further reinforce the idea only losers pay for it? Savage even makes a comment how he would be wary of leaving a guy with the sort of psychological problems an incel has in a room with a hooker.

I don't see legalizing prostitution as a cure to the problem. More like dialysis. It's something I don't want anyone to have to resort to but it is something to keep in the back pocket as a very last resort for someone who would not make it without it and it is something to prevent these guys from completely shutting down long enough for them to, hopefully, learn some basic game and start improving themselves once they actually understand the real causes of their problems and how to engage them.

Frankly though, game is great and saves lives but some guys are already too far gone. In The Matrix, Morpheus and pals had a rule that they don't unplug anyone after a certain age because they are already fully dependent on the Matrix and the shock from having their connection to it severed would almost certainly kill them. A similar principle applies to late-stage incels. Even if you start trying to teach them game, they will most likely reject it, because they have been conditioned their whole lives to do that, and continue carrying out their programming to its inevitable and disappointing end.

The point Dan Savage made which I reluctantly find myself agreeing with is that some males are, through no fault of their own, never going to be attractive or capable enough to secure the genuine affection of any attractive female. These cases are very rare and are usually the result of some form of physical deformity or disability such as motor neuron disease or mental retardation (understanding and employing game does require a certain level of intelligence). However, even people with physical deformities can be successful with game, as we see with Nick Vujicic, whose wife is not bad looking, and others like him.

As I said, the catastrophically deformed and disabled account for a very small percentage of involuntarily celibate males and most incels are those individuals who do not have anything catastrophically wrong with them physically but who have been plugged in too deep for too long and had their neural cable melted into the port. These individuals are very often truly beyond help and cannot be cured because they will not allow themselves to be, will fight to protect their virtual reality as plugged in people do in The Matrix, and fully deprogramming them would take more time than either you or I have even if we could do it without traumatizing them to the point that they become vegetables.

Rather than a cure, all that can be offered then is a treatment which, hopefully, will keep them just far enough away from the edge that they don't fall over it and wind up real-lifing someone.

Messages In This Thread