rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is America a Dump?

Is America a Dump?

Saw this tweet by Cernovich and thought it was interesting.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1084921426723823616][/url]

People who've traveled significantly internationally, is this true in your experience? Compared to the other countries you've visited, how does the US stack up?

Some observations I've made:
  1. Our airports are an absolute disgrace. The planes don't take off on time. The buildings are falling apart. The employees are surly and the security scans are invasive. We look terrible to the outside world.
  2. America feels significantly less safe than the places in Asia I've been to. One night in Asia, I was angry and insomniac and stormed out of my apartment at 3:00 AM, wandering the streets randomly. I ended up blundering into a homeless encampment. Nobody paid me any attention and I just walked right through it unmolested. If that happened in the US I'd be lucky to escape with my life.
  3. US Supermarkets are astonishingly well stocked. The sheer variety of stuff you can get at a simple Ralphs is unbelievable, and there's one on every corner.
  4. Road infrastructure is pretty bad, and public transit is non-existent. Taking the bus is a last resort, as opposed to a default mode of transportation.
  5. Housing in America is bigger and nicer than Asia, and not significantly more expensive unless you're trying to live in a major city or California. My apartment would be considered palatial in Asia.
  6. It's extremely difficult to make friends in the United States. Asia has a ton of little bar and places in every neighborhood, where you can stop in and have a drink, and it's expected that you'll chat with the people around you. American bars are unbelievably expensive, and they're set up so that everyone sits at their own table and doesn't interact with the people around them.
  7. The American healthcare system is terrifying. I've had Asian friends with 7 figure bankrolls tell me they don't want me to come to the US 'cause they're worried about being sent to the hospital and ending up with a gigantic bill. I can't say that they're wrong.
What kinds of things have you guys noticed when comparing the US to the rest of the world? Is the US a dump?

Messages In This Thread