rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your routine when visiting a new city

Your routine when visiting a new city

Quote: (12-28-2018 06:39 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2018 05:23 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2018 03:18 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

It seems like weekend trips and Friday arrivals are not recommended. I am curious as to why that is. Surely there must be some guys who are driving up to Las Vegas or New York City for a long weekend or flying down to Berlin, Krakow or Prague for a couple days off to get away from the corporate world.

In the case of short distance trips of two or three days, which other days of the week have worked well to arrive to a new city?

Also for stocking up on alcohol, what is your go to? Have you found predrinking helpful? I would think beer would probably not appeal to someone you are bringing back for the night.

It is very simple and there are usually two simple routes you can go. Champagne, it is a no-brainer, is festive and a bit extravagant, girls especially your higher level girls love champagne or other bubbly. Bottle or two, large or small chilled in the fridge. That really should be choice one, but if it's not possible some sort of wine that's drinkable for women (they think they know more about wine than they usually do, so it is usually just a matter of having a good backstory to the wine which you oftentimes can even make up you have to like many sommeliers do preying on basic human ignorance, or resort to lots of buzzwords/ tasting notes to make some cheap-ass Walmart bottle sound better). Two, second obvious choice is some smooth (presumably) high shelf vodka, including but not limited to Ciroc, Belvedere, Grey Goose etc. These vodkas are all bullshit really, but girls follow the crowd and drink basic-ass labels. I remember one bit of advise I got from a guy who would stockpile high end bottles and then fill with something like Svedka. No girl ever noticed. I don't condone such bait and switch but I think you can usually get away with it on vodka. You accompany your high-end vodka with mixers which can be anything from Mio water flavor (which the anorexic coke-whores are more into), to cranberry juice, orange juice, and other juice/ soda mainstays.

Pre-drinking is one of my cornerstones of going out, and has been since the hazy nights of college. Almost always in my apartment, park, or a decently cheap patio bar. The apartment is an optimal place if you have female friends or mixed company and it is as simple as a music playlist, and some drinks (it is also a good way to show girls you are social, and have your shit together-- it also helps them feel comfortable in your place if they ever do swing by again). Maybe even a place to smoke, or something of that nature. Parks are great if we are going to be walking or the weather is beautiful. Parks are great places to loosen up and maybe even meet new people, believe it or not. Most girls will not drink beer, and it only resonates with hipster or trashy girls. My only other suggestion would be that you could make mixed drinks, this is a great skill to have, but most opt just to do the simplest thing.

How do you stock up if you are traveling short term, a few days in a hotel and you are moving on? Getting vodka and mixers might be a hassle and there may or may not be secure freezers for your alcohol. Even getting a bottle of wine might be too much. Specially if you are travelling solo, you may not need that much alcohol but want to have some on standby.

Also, for solo traveling has pre-drinking solo affected your vibe or is it better to start drinking at the venue itself?

It's just two at most bottles of champagne or one regular-sized vodka bottle. If you're time pressed you go to the supermarket and get champagne which supermarkets almost everywhere have. Yeah you may have to go to the bottle shop for vodka but usually not to hard to find. If so, pickup at the airport on the way in, from your home country, or when you get to airport but before you walk out. Many times its discounted. If train is your method of transportation at many central train stations you will at least find wine, or beer, in some places liquor is sold too. Mixers are something that in a pinch you will find in the hotel, vending machine, or convenience store in walking distance.

I roll a lot of time with buddies when traveling. So pre-drinking is what we do as soon as we're settled. Alone yeah it may be more anti-social, but you just put yourself in a place where you can meet people and you get off to a good start even before you night has really begun. If you're staying at a hostel that's also a great place to pregame and find potential wings. Find a beautiful spot to post up, and see where it takes you. Especially roofs, balconies, or parks.

Messages In This Thread