rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting "in the zone" frame of my mind

Getting "in the zone" frame of my mind

Any tips/suggestions about getting "in the zone" when you need it?

I had an interesting experience today. I was catching a flight and when a plane goes through significant turbulence, I usually get quite anxious and cling on to the side of my seat. It happened again on today's flight and it is a similar uncontrollable feeling to what I experience when I come up against other stress-provoking challenges such as public speaking.

However, the next time the flight went through turbulence, I happened to be listening to upbeat house music. When listening to this music, I noticed that I wasn't at all worried about the turbulence - and was quite relaxed - essentially similar to the "in the zone" feeling that I experience from time to time when I am super productive.

Obviously having this kind of music follow me around when I am doing stress provoking tasks but I'm wondering if there would be a way to train the mind to experience this feeling without music?

Messages In This Thread