rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much money do you need to live abroad indefinitely?

How much money do you need to live abroad indefinitely?

Personally, I would be more than fine on anywhere from 1,500- 2k a month in SEA and Latin America. Having lived as expat in these countries I know that works for me.

I wouldn't want to sell off stocks to get the 6% as this could really backfire in the event of a bear market. I think you could probably buy a dozen blue chip dividend stocks (dividend aristocrats for example) with yields in the 3-6% range (think Exxon, AT&T, P&G, PM, McDonalds, Coke) along with a few very solid Utility and REIT companies and you could safely get 4-5 percent a year from dividends along with long term stock appreciation. So basically 600-700k and that completely passive dividend outflow would be enough. You could also do ok buying a rental property with decent rental yields and hiring a property management company to do all the work while you are abroad. The issue with that is it is less liquid and many property markets are at high evaluations right now which would affect your rental return.

The only assets for dividends I would not touch are royalty and streaming companies since that is way more risk for a little more yield.

Also, since most guys are not gonna get to that lump sum of over half a million, I do think it can work for many guys to start a new life abroad with significantly less (maybe a few years of living expenses and I have friends on RVF who made it work with a few grand). Once you are abroad you can test out making money online by learning a remote skill like programming/starting a e commerce business, or even opening a brick and mortar business as many older expats often do. If all else fails you could earn at least 1k a month doing English teaching online.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Messages In This Thread