rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much money do you need to live abroad indefinitely?

How much money do you need to live abroad indefinitely?

Quote: (12-18-2018 12:10 AM)Graft Wrote:  

I'm surprised at all the answers above 500k. I would have changed the poll responses.

500k is a lot of money for abroad, probably 20 good years just living off the cash with no interest.

I could theoretically do 100k easily, I just don't want to come back ready to start a family with $50,000 and no job. If I need more than a couple of years I'm doing it very wrong.

In my experience, I never saw anyone just retire in the Philippines and do nothing for the rest of their life (and I saw a lot of guys "retire" there). We think that we want to just not ever work again and that we will never get bored of not having to do anything. But you will get bored, usually after about 3-6 months, and you will want to engage in some kind of work. This is why you always see guys opening bars and restaurants in SEA. They almost never need the money. They just want to work on something. I've seen a lot of guys do other cool stuff other than opening bars and restaurants as well so don't think it has to be a bar or restaurant if that's not what you're into.

Anyway, I recommend taking that into account. If you can, set yourself up so you don't necessarily need to work but choose a place you would enjoy working and starting something in if/when you find yourself wanting to.

Messages In This Thread