rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American society swinging towards extreme Puritanism, biggest change in 100 years

American society swinging towards extreme Puritanism, biggest change in 100 years

I didn't see hint of a large swing towards the puritanical in that article. Instead, it was just religious women, who know what the words "self respect" really mean, using the internet to boost brands and styles they wear to their places of worship.

In terms of puritanical, I think of the real Puritans, Christians who only wore black and white and didn't laugh or smile (the Pilgrims are one example) or Muslims like the Taliban who wear the burka and ban radio, television and images of people. These groups are also known for strict separation of men and women. That instagram Muslim lady would have been sentenced to 40 lashes and jail time for doing that.

The last puritanical act in America that got attention was when a single church had a huge bonfire of pokemon toys because those "promote witchcraft" and that was over a decade ago.

Will the market for modest women's clothing grow? Yes, because those are the only women having kids and their daughters will probably have the same attitude they have unless they are brainwashed by mass media to rebel or something.

Now the weird part of that article to me is:
Quote:Quote:

Khan relates a story in which her organization was recently working in Italy, where Muslims are the second-largest religious group. They soon started getting requests from Catholics who couldn’t find the right thing to wear to mass. “There are so many similarities in the consumer profile,” she says. “But it is their loyalty that should be most attractive to brands. The majority of these consumers have made modest choices based on the faith they’ve committed to, a decision which is usually for life.”

Is there some sort of taboo against wearing traditional Italian clothing in Italy or does nobody even make it anymore?

I'll gladly take this trend as it's easier on the eyes unlike the current ill-fitting yoga pants trend especially with socks and sandals.

Messages In This Thread