rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Extreme overstay in Ukraine (why not?)

Extreme overstay in Ukraine (why not?)

Quote: (03-01-2019 05:05 AM)Eddie Morra Wrote:  

So, for those of you who want to stay long term, I'd advise getting somekind of Temporary Residency. There are a few lawyers who specialize in this. I've heard it's quite expensive. But I'm sure there are plenty of guys on this forum who've done it and can chime in with the details and costs. It would be a very helpful thread if anyone who has personally gone through the Temporary Residence Visa process can contribute.

Quote: (03-01-2019 11:29 AM)edlefou Wrote:  

I agree, that would be good info to make a thread about and a good way to contribute to the forum.

Here you go: thread-53129...pid1247379

Quote: (03-12-2016 05:19 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

My visa is known as a TRP or Temporary Resident Permit.
Specifically, I believe it's a D-visa or religious visa. My work sponsored me for this (no money required on their part, just documents).

$200 for the visa + 900 grn for the below:
-Passport translated & notarized
-Ukrainian health insurance
-6 passport sized photos

My work supplied documents from the minister of immigration verifying that I was a "religious volunteer" as well as validating my place of residence, transportation, food, etc., all supplied through my "religious organization".

To start the process I had to leave Ukraine and apply at a Ukrainian consulate outside of the country (see my adventure to Moldova write-up for more information). Once the Ukrainian authorities in Chisinau verified all my documents they gave me a single entry visa in my passport that I take to the immigration office (OVIR) upon my arrival back in Ukraine. OVIR processed my visa and in one week I was given my very own temporary resident permit that I can renew within Ukraine as long as I work for my employer.

The final step was registering the TRP with my landlord. This was a pain in the ass as the office of immigration registry is in Brovary, a satellite town on the outskirts of Kiev. The office was packed and it took six hours of going back and fourth between offices, waiting in lines, waiting for bureaucrats to go on their breaks/lunch hours and come back, etc. But when all was said and done everything was approved and I'm happy to be living here legally and can now enter and exit Ukraine as often as I choose.

Was it a headache? Yes.
Was it worth it? Yes, because I plan to stay here long term.

If you're only going to be here for a few months or less than a year I wouldn't do it. Just overstay your tourist visa and depart the country via Boryspol. You can easily pay the fine (850 grn) at the window in the airport and they won't give you any trouble.

Keep in mind this info is a couple years old and may be subject to change.
I have since updated my TRP to an official 3 year working permit. The most pain-in-the-ass part of getting it was returning to the US and waiting for the San Francisco consulate to process it for me:

$300 for the permit
-10 business days to process
-Passport translated & notarized
-Ukrainian health insurance
-2 passport photos

My company also provided me with an immigration lawyer which I had to pay out-of-pocket for annual registration.
-last year: 2,000 hryvnia
-this year: 3,200 hryvnia
-next year: who knows

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Messages In This Thread